The Collaborative Dental Scholarship – $150
The professionals at Collaborative Dental understand the stress of trying to pay for a college education. We pride ourselves in supporting college students who are working hard to earn degrees in their community. Our dentists and staff have provided compassionate and top-quality dentistry to communities across Southern California for over 30 years. Collaborative Dental wants to give you the gift of financial assistance by offering the 2017 Collaborative Dental Scholarship. It is free to apply, and this scholarship never needs to be repaid.
Collaborative Dental designed this scholarship to help college students obtain an education without the risk of debt after graduation. Our dentists and staff believe that education is the key to success. Paying for college can feel overwhelming, especially when students must pay out of pocket or borrow money to afford the high cost. College students are responsible for tuition, living expenses, and supplies while also maintaining their grades each semester. Many students have a difficult time affording college without the help of financial aid or private loans.
Collaborative Dental values the importance of an educationand realizes that each student deserves an opportunity to achieve their goals. If you are an undergraduate or graduate student suffering from financial hardship and you meet the application requirements, we strongly encourage you to apply for the $150 scholarship. Allow us to help you follow your dreams of a higher education without the fear of debt. Seek financial freedom and pursue your future career by applying for our scholarship. Collaborative Dental is proud to support you.
It is free to enter. Applicants must follow these requirements to be eligible for the scholarship. Please meet the criteria below to apply:
- Applicants must be a U.S citizen or legal resident of the United States.
- Applicants must have earned less than $35,000 in the previous year.
- Applicants must provide their email address and Facebook account.
- Applicants must be enrolled in a bachelor’s or master’s degree program (part-time or full-time) for the current semester.
Scholarship Essay Topics
Eachcandidate must submit an original, college-level essay about one of the topics listed below:
- Who is your biggest inspiration and why?
- What is the most important lesson you have learned in school?
- Why have you decided to attend college?
- What is your career plan? Discuss your short-term and long-term goals?
- How would this scholarship affect your college education?
- What types of issues do students experience?
Scholarship Essay Instructions
All essays must be typed (12-point font and single-spaced) and sent electronically as a PDF or Microsoft Word Document (.PDF, .DOC, .DOCX).
All submissions must be written by the applicant. If any portion of the essay is copied, you will be disqualified. Plagiarism is stealing.
All applicants have the option to submit a video instead of writing an essay. The video must be 3-10 minutes and discuss any of the essay topics listed above. You must upload and attach the video or provide a link to the video hosting site in the application.A video submission is not a scholarship requirement.
Deadline for the scholarship application is: June 1, 2017.
- Complete an essay or video, and email your submission to collaborativedentalscholarship
- In the email, include your name, age, address, GPA, and the URL of your Facebook profile using the subject line “Scholarship Submission.”
- If you are submitting a video, please include the URL to the host site.
- Do not forget to attach your essay or video to the application.
- Collaborative Dental will contact the winner by email and send them information to claim their scholarship. The winner must provide identification to collect their award.
The $150 scholarship will be awarded to the applicant approximately one week after the scholarship deadline ends. Once the winner has been contacted via email, they will receive their scholarship award in the form of a check in the mail.
Am I able to apply again?
Each applicant is only eligible to apply once per year.
Can I still apply even if I do not have a high GPA?
This scholarship does not have any GPA requirements to apply. Students with a 3.0 or higher are encouraged to submit an essay or video.
I have not received an email yet.How can I find out if I won?
All applicants can send inquiries about their applications by email. No calls or letters will receive responses.
Do I have to apply by email?
Yes. All scholarship applications must be sent by email.
Are students required to have a financial need to apply?
You are still eligible to apply, but the winner will be selected based on their need for the scholarship.
Will you accept a revised essay or video?
Yes. Revisions must be sent before the deadline. You must use the subject line “Edited” when resubmitting your application.
If you’re facing any type of dental problems or you just need some advice on what is best for your teeth, we also provide full dental services at the following locations: